Christine Austin believes that this is the Trinity of a well-designed Interior. Our spaces should engage us visually, emotionally and physically. Nowhere is this more important than in our own homes.
A certified (NCIDQ) and award winning Interior Designer, Christine Austin has been coaching clients to bring their inner designer to the surface and realize their dream homes for over two decades. After attaining her Degree from Ryerson University's acclaimed Interior Design program, Christine first established herself in Toronto designing homes in the prestigious Bridal Path and Forest Hill areas with Gluckstein Design Planning. In 1991, Christine moved to Vancouver and focused on Designing Custom Kitchens and Baths working with a number of the prominent Cabinet houses creating award winning and highly published Dream Kitchens all over North America. Since 2005, Christine Austin Design has been offering services ranging from a single room makeover to an entire new home package where the home is custom tailored to the client guided by Christine's wealth of experience and exceptional problem solving skills. Clients often comment that Christine's designs are so original that no other consultants showed them anything even close.
Also a gourmet cook, Christine takes a "mise en place" approach to her projects, knowing that the design is in the details, and proper planning is the recipe for success. Christine has a knack for creating classic interiors that are balanced functionally and aesthetically. Because the focus is on making the "foundation" of the interior timeless, it is easy enough to personalize the space with accessories and furnishings as needed to evolve with the client's tastes presently and bring them joy for years to come. Christine has a list of happy clients that glowingly report on how approaching a project with a complete and professional plan creates a very enjoyable construction experience, eliminating expensive surprises and often shaving weeks off the estimated construction schedule. If "everything is in place" then it is just a matter of putting it all together.
Christine Austin is a registered member (RID) of the Interior Designers Institute of British Columbia (IDIBC) and NCIDQ (National Council for Interior Design Qualification) Certificate #018870.
Currently Christine is working on her certification with the Vancouver Heritage Foundation.
Christine Austin Design offers Residential Interior Design Services:
* Project Programming (Analyze Client Needs and Wish list to create the Design Direction and Scope of Services)
* Space Planning and Concept Design
* Drafting services
* Site Survey (As Built/Base plans and Recording of Existing Furniture, Fittings and Site Conditions)
* Design Development (Working/Construction) Drawings and Details
* Lighting Design
* Custom Kitchens and Baths (New Homes and Renovations)
* Space and storage solutions, organizational accessories
* Custom Theatres, Libraries, Closets and Other Millwork
* Furniture Design
* Furnishing, Fittings and Finish Selections and Schedules
* Project Management and Client Liaison for partial or entire construction project
* Renovation Services in Collaboration with Tried and True Craftsmen
Please contact me to set up a consultation and a personal review of my services